FEKO Short Course, 24th - 26th JuneThe Short Course is mainly aimed at evaluators of FEKO, but users who would like to learn more about the theory, the limitations and all the applications of FEKO would also find the course very helpful. This basic FEKO Short Course is a 3-day training and will focus on the modelling of a variety of realistic EM problems and how to interpret the numerical results. After the basic principles have been introduced the attendees will have time to use FEKO under the guidance and assistance of the short course presenters. The user will thus get the theoretical background information for the different methods, their limitations and the various implementations in FEKO as well as interactively model a problem on his laptop computer to get the practical experience. Special provision will be made to assist attendees with their own practical problems.
The key points of this short course are:
- Introduction to the general FEKO Suite
- Techniques employed, and advantages / disadvantages / limitations / etc. of the different numerical techniques.
- Comparison of results using different numerical solutions
- Basic CAD-model construction
- Advanced features (work-planes, parametric geometries, non-uniform meshing)
- Defining solution parameters in CADFEKO
- Post-processing with POSTFEKO
- Asymptotic methods for high frequency applications
- Worst case coupling
- Radar coverage
- Working with scripting in EDITFEKO
- Modelling of an electrically large reflector antenna with feed, using high frequency approximation methods and domain decomposition techniques
- Improving accuracy of asymptotic using a realistic ship model
Tuesday, 24th to Thursday, 26th June 2014 from 9h00 to 17h00, respectively.
The short course will be presented in English. (If there is enough interest, a course in German can also be considered.)
Unterschleissheim Hotel & Conference Center
Tel. +49 (0) 89 370 530 0
Fax +49 (0) 89 370 530 911
The course fee will be € 2.000 p.p. plus VAT,- (€ 800 p.p. plus VAT,- for academic attendees). Please download the registration form and send to us the completed form by fax to +49 7031 714 5249.
Registration deadline is Friday, 30th May 2014
Directions for traveling by car or public transportation can be found here.
For special needs or further enquiries please contact Mrs. Alexandra Carcreff, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 07031 714 5200, Fax 07031 714 5249.