Altair successfully concluded its 12th edition of Altair Technology Conference Series held on 1st & 2nd August at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
The India ATC 2017 is part of Altair’s global conference series, with similar events in North America, Asia and Europe. In India, the conference was held for the first time in Chennai - an emerging Automotive power-house consisting of some of Altair large customers. The conference showcased customer success using Altair solutions across various disciplines. The HyperWorks track along with other two parallel conferences on FEKO & Flux (Electromagnetic Simulation) and PBS Works (HPC/Cloud Computing). The conference focused on some the emerging technologies in the area of PowerTrain CFD, Battery Modeling and Rupture for Crash Conditions and Squeek & Rattle Prevention in Automotive.
Over 1100 CAE engineering professionals from all over India attended the conference over both the days, and got an opportunity to listen to expert industry keynote speaker sessions and Technical paper presentations. The conference received an overwhelming response to the technical paper submissions of over 100+ papers.
Technical workshop were conducted on various Altair products focusing on the latest updates. This year Domain tracks were a highlight which focused on the right way to apply the simulation technologies. These dedicated DOMAIN tracks dwelled deeper in the following areas - Design, MDO & Advanced Optimization, NVH, Math & Systems Modeling and Multi-body systems.
India ATC Highlights:
- 5 Industry Keynote Presentations:
- Rod Giles, Lead - CAE & CAD, Royal Enfield (A Unit of Eicher Motors Ltd.)
- Haridas P.T. Head - CAE, Ashok Leyland
- Dr. Sitarameswara Sarma Akella - Sr. General Manager - CAE & CFD - Mahindra & Mahindra
- Manickam Loganathan - CoE Head-NextGen Design to Manufacture Engineering & Industrial Services - Tata Consultancy Services
- Shrivallabha G. Kulkarni - Head Digital Product Development & Engineering - IT, Mahindra & Mahindra
- Mandar Kulkarni - Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- R. Karthik - Ashok Leyland
- D.Barath - L&T Technology
- KVSK.Prasant - L&T Technology
- R. Praveen Kumar - Hyundai Motor India
- Nelson Dias - Executive Vice President, Altair APAC
- Michael Dambach - Senior Director SWAT
- Jean Micheal Terrier - Vice President - RADIOSS
- Steve Cosgrove - Vice President - CFD Business Development
- Peter Futter - Sr. Application Specialist - Business Development EM Solutions
- Satish Kanagala - Director, Enterprise Computing-Asia Pacific & GCC Markets
- Mark Krueger - Director, Automotive Software, Altair.
- Ismail Benhayoun - Product Design, Business Development Manager, Altair
- David Ravi - Director SWAT Team, Altair Japan
- Tanuj Kush - Program Manager, MotionSolve
- 6 Exhibitor booths and over 800 conference delegates visited the booths.
- 2 parallel conferences:
- ATC - Enterprise Computing Solutions (PBS Works, SAO, Simulation Cloud, DataManager, HyperWorks Unlimited)
- ATC - Electromagnetic Simulation (FEKO& FLUX)
- Over 1300 registrations received and 900+ customer delegates attended the conference over two days.
- From over 100+ Papers received, the best paper presentations in each of the 12 Paper Categories were evaluated by a Judges Panel consisting of eminent industry experts;
- Haridas P. T. - Ashok Leyland
- Mahadevan Kumar - Ford Motor Pvt Ltd.
- Hareesh Karonnin Thaliyanveedu - Valeo India Pvt Ltd.
- Vinayaga Moorthy R S - Renault Nissan
- Karthik Sethuraman - Valeo India Pvt Ltd.
- Ravindran V - TAFE
- Mohamed Sithik - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Prof. Palaniappan Ramu- IIT Chennai
- Nizar Ahamed A- Ford Motor Pvt Ltd.
- Boby Thomas S- Ford Motor Pvt Ltd.
- Selva Karunakaran - Ford Motor Pvt Ltd.
We sincerely thank all our speakers, paper authors, conference attendees, partners and their organizations for the overwhelming response and to their time and support to yet another successful Altair Technology Conference.